This post will be slightly different – and it will be the first step to the new direction of my blog, where I will start sharing thoughts and experience. This is an urge driven by my soul – I feel that by being honest about my past and journey I could help and uplift. I hope that my reflection can be universal, but I have a special intention to inspire creatives and artists – those, who often need the support the most on the path, that often is full of road blocks. I am still on mine – and I constantly follow my heart – and by surrounding myself with like-minded creative tribe I receive energy that helps me keep moving forward as well.
So let’s get to the major theme of this post…
Highlights of 2015 for Adriana Deco
- winning a competition and creating illustrations for H&M Oxford Circus
- I became a head graphic designer at Lulu Guinness
- recording my EP ‘Destiny’, completing Urban Development course
- filming two professional music videos with top notch film makers
- discovering new passion – live fashion illustration – leading to top clients like Tod’s, Moet Hennessy, H&M (Vogue Fashion Night Out), Mahiki Club
- starting this blog and eventful London Fashion Weeks
- I was hesitant about X Factor, but I decided to include it as a bullet point – it’s a twisted and unfair story, but making it to the Wembley was still an achievement – and greater achievement was overcoming the pain and getting back on track
- meeting a lot of supportive people, who shared their talent, wisdom or advice with me.
It is quite a long list and for each experience I am extremely grateful; however, my most beautiful realization is that my music videos – projects that come truly from my soul – are the ones I am mostly proud of. Even though I haven’t received any applause, exposure or financial rewards (yet! 😉 – these are the projects that make me feel most connected to my soul purpose.
I can’t wait until official campaign of my Destiny project starts – it is more than an EP – it is a personal story, where my music and visuals finally create together a vision. To bring it all together to this point the roller coaster of emotions definitely paid off.
Wishing you all a prosperous, inspiring, fulfilling year – full of positivity and strength to create your DESTINY in 2016!
Heels: Kurt Geiger
Clutch: Lulu Guinness
Scarf: Miss Selfridge
Photos by Adam Kaniowski